Are you ready for the single-use plastic ban 2021?
The European Parliament therefore decided to adopt the Single Use Plastics (SUP). The purpose of the directive? Get rid of marine litter. Marine litter is a global problem that affects every ocean of the world. Litter is an environmental, human health and socio-economic problem that is a symptom of a highly disposable society.
All EU countries must adopt the directive into their national legislation by 3 July 2021.
What does this mean for you? For your company?
Many plastic products such as straws, candy wrappers, packaging, cigarette filters, cotton buds and fishing nets are found in the litter. These are single use products, Single Use Plastics. Some products will disappear in 2021, others will no longer be provided free of charge or may be subject to special marking.
From 3 July 2021, the following plastic products may no longer be sold:
- Cutlery (knives, forks and spoons)
- Chopsticks, sporks and other plastic alternatives
- Stirrers for drinks
- Straws (except as a medical aid)
- Cotton swabs (except as a medical device)
- Balloon sticks
- Food and drink packaging made of EPS (polystyrene foam) from which you can eat or drink directly, such as coffee cups and hamburger trays
- All products made from oxo-degradable plastics. These are plastics that break down into small particles under the influence of oxygen
From 3 July 2021, the following plastic products may no longer be provided, the consumer will probably have to pay for this:
- Coffee cups
- Soup bowls
- Salad containers
From 3 July 2021, the following plastic products will have a special marking to indicate, among other things, how the consumer should dispose of the product:
- Drinking cups
- Ladies hygiene products
- Wet wipes
- Tobacco products with plastic filters
A change for every company
Many changes that you, your company and also WE need to be aware of.
Bruinsma United has a solution for every issue!
No unexpected legislation, In 2021 we can no longer ignore it. The single-use plastic disappears.